Tuesday, February 22, 2011

View from the Treehouse and a Heart Block

We are having incredible weather, yesterday it was 72 degrees outside and we were able to eat dinner in the treehouse.  I guess I should explain about the treehouse.  We have a wonderful screened in porch that runs the entire length of the back of our house.  It is especially wonderful in the summer when mosquitoes, bees, and other bugs are running rampant.  (Right now there aren't any such critters.)  We also have a wonderful view of the lake but only in the winter - once the trees get leaves the view will be gone.  When you sit on the porch you feel like you are in a treehouse, hence the name.  It is also where the name Karen's Treehouse Quilts comes from.
View of the lake at sunset from the treehouse.

Heart Block
First I cut my squares.


Next I put everything together and here is my heart block.  It measures 8" x 8".

I'm pleased with how it came out.  Now I have to figure out if I want to make more - I cut tons of 2" squares so I need to do something with them.  This was a fun block and really looks pretty when it's done.

So, sad to here about the earthquakes down in New Zealand. Please keep them in your prayers.

Have a pieceful evening,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Heart block is so pretty! Nice to know where the name comes from! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine weather here too. I LOVE the heart block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the block. it would be fun to make a whole quilt out of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a very pretty heart block! I love the mix of colors.... Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful block!, love the view from your "treehouse".

    ReplyDelete