Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's Not Much But It's Something!

It's true!  It's not much but it is something.  I finally sewed something!!!  My three year old GD loves to wear dresses and she had this adorable dress but the little lining/slip had pink tulle at the bottom.  She kept saying "Nana it's scratchy."  She wouldn't even wear it so.....out came the scissors and off came the tulle.  I turned it under and put on this cute little decorative stitching with my wonderful Bernina sewing machine.  She loves it and wore it on her first day of preschool this year.  YIPEE! 

That scratchy pink tulle is out of here!



New decorative trim on lining/slip.  No more "scratchy"!
 
 This is a picture of the dress color and a small portion of the lining with the decorative trim.  Sorry I don't have a picture of the dress.  You would think I would have taken that picture!  The dress was store bought, I was just fixing the "scratchy" problem.  It just felt good to sew again!

I have designed a cute little skirt for her that is cut out and ready to go.  Hope to get to that soon.

Have a pieceful evening,
Karen

1 comment: