Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mail surprise, Teacher gifts and Special Ornaments!

I said I would be back the next day with more about decorating the tree and what came in the mail for my birthday but caught a nasty cold virus and it slowed me down a little.

 For my birthday I got this wonderful package in the mail containing this.......


I just opened the box...a GO! Cutter....Yipee!!

The goodies in the box, plus the family bought me several dies including the holiday die, bird die, and mats.


My grand kids needed teacher gifts and I thought it would be fun to make the gifts so we made these cute little ornament trees for their gifts.  The kids had a lot of fun making them.  My husband calls the Suess trees because they are rather whimsical, bright and colorful.


The whimsical gift tree!


My GD working on her tree.
 The grand kids love what we call "projects"  any time I say "Do you want to do a project?"  they know we are going to make something fun!  I love it, it keeps them busy and they use their hands, hearts, and creative minds to make something.
GS working on his tree.

The completed trees, what fun!
 We decorated our tree a couple of weeks ago for my birthday.  The grand kids did most of the decorating which was great fun.  I wanted to show some of my favorite ornaments that my Mom made - she is very creative.  It's where I get my artsy, fun, creative side.  I love to do anything creative.  I do think my Mom is better at it but I love to do it.  Here are few of the ornaments she has made over the years.

In the first years of our marriage my Mom made this 7" Christmas tree using costume jewelry as the decorations.




This snowman couple is 2" tall and sit in a tiny gift bag on our Christmas tree.
 
My favorite is this tiny little bear Mom crocheted when I was expecting one of my kids.  He always has a place near the top of the tree.  Love him and love my Mom!



Hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures of a few of my ornaments and the grand kids teacher gifts.  Just in case I don't make it back on here in the next couple of days.  Hope your Christmas is blessed and filled with JOY!

Peace,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment