Saturday, January 25, 2014

I made a Design Wall

I needed a design wall to stage my blocks for my quilts and more importantly to get them off my cutting table.  I needed to come up with a way to hang it and I didn't have time to run down to Ikea to get their nifty hanging hardware.  So, what's a girl to do.....well in my world you come up with your own and improvise!   I wanted some of those cool little clamps.  It took me several days and a lot of trying to explain to various store personnel what I wanted.  Every time I would get a blank stare or a completely wrong item.  Finally, I found what I wanted with these.

I only needed the clamp and hook not the ring.  It came apart easily.  Plus they were on clearance at Target.   I attached them with wires to the dropped ceiling in my quilt/sewing room and attached white vinyl tablecloth yardage.  (I still need to trim it to size). 

I'm so happy I finally have a design wall and on the wall is my current project.
The Strip Tube Ruler Quilt.  I haven't named it yet, it needs a better name. I love these blocks - so pretty.
Strips pressed and pinned.

Strips ready to sew.

My helpers!
My GS matched up all the colors for the quilt.  You can see the strips hanging in the background.
My GD  likes to help with the actual piecing.

Have a wonderful weekend,

No comments:

Post a Comment