Friday, October 1, 2010

A Very Busy Friday

Yesterday I did not get the dog quilt sandwiched.  I decided I wanted to start with something smaller and I have really wanted to finish this 'Pumpkin Table Runner'.  The pattern is from Judi at Green Fairy Quilts from last year.  It is one of my UFO's.  I got the backing ready and sandwiched it with the Fusi-boo.  Hopefully I will get it done in the next week.




On Fridays I get up with the grand children, feed them breakfast and take them to pre-school.  Our daughter (She works and goes to nursing school!) and our two wonderful grand children live with us.)  I dropped them off and then ran some errands about 25 miles away and visited two quilts shops, I had never been to before.  I had such a great time.  I even picked up three of  the 'Zippers are No Big Deal' 14" zippers from Atkinson Designs while I was at Little Quilts.  I have been following the Fall-O-Ween Quilt Designer Blog Hop and Terry Atkinson's 'Sweet Zip' bag was today's project so I was thrilled to find her zippers for the bags.  I bought the fabric at the first quilt shop called Red Hen Fabrics.  Both shops were amazing!  I wish I had had more time (my DH is glad I didn't) but I had to run through Whole Foods and buy some of their wonderful produce and then race to get back towards home to get those wonderful grand children from pre-school.  By the time I got home I was exhausted! 

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute runner! I love it because its so good for Fall! I really want to learn to quilt, its one of my goals in life! I think it would be fun to do!! One of my friends just quilted a blanket for their daughter, due in February!

    ReplyDelete