Monday, February 3, 2014

I'm just lovin' working with Batiks!

I am really enjoying working on this quilt.  I'm not sure I ever mentioned that these are from the Sun Drenched Batiks Jelly Roll by Moda.  I absolutely love how vivid they are!  Here's a picture I took when I first opened up the Jelly Roll.  Not the best picture but you get the idea.  I didn't get a lot done on it this weekend. 

Sun Drenched Batiks Jelly Roll by Moda
Yummy Fabric!

I was able to sew the last of the strips together.  I now have six sets of three strips each ready to be sewn to the cream fabric to make the tube.  Then I will cut with the Strip Tube Ruler. 
Strip sets ready to go.
 
Sunday was busy with church and a few errands and then the big game.  Hence, no sewing then.....we were ready for some FOOTBALL!  I'm not really a big football fan but when it comes to my beloved Seahawks it all changes.  This is the team from where I grew up, I have to root for them. When I was in high school the team practiced in our little town.  It was great.  It was also a long time ago.  Congratulations, Seahawks on winning Super Bowl XLVIII.  You showed them.  Sorry to all of the Broncos fans.

Here is another picture of last weeks snow.  Everyone else was happy to see it go except...........ME....... and the grand kids.  I miss it.  It was soooo pretty, and peaceful.  It helped that I had no where to go. 

Don't tell anyone, I'm hoping for some more!

Tomorrow I am headed to the quilt shop to pick up a ruler I ordered and you know I will just have to get some fabric.  I cannot waste a trip driving there (18 miles each way) and NOT buy SOME fabric.  Plus I have a gift card.  Yippee!

Hope your day is wonderful and you get lots of quilting done.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment